How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will i get into trouble for blowing a .079 in my intoxalock

This answer was rated:

Will i get into trouble for blowing a .079 in my intoxalock before starting it? Like will i lose my license or get into any legal trouble?

This afternoon when i went to start my car I was still breathing alcohol i guess. I blew into it and it said .079 and the second time it said .07, and the car didn't start.
Yes, this is grounds for a probation revocation I am afraid and also grounds for them to suspend your license as well. At this point you need to contact your attorney or obtain an attorney because they will file for a probation revocation for you using alcohol while under the interlock and also DMV will file to suspend your license for 2 failures on the device unless you can prove the device was defective or malfunctioned.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted or the law does not help your situation, PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will i get another OWI? and if i were to lose my license how long would it be for?

You would not get another OWI, because you did not operate the vehicle, you tried to.

You could lose your license for the maximum time of your original suspension or up to 1 year, it is up to the judge's discretion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Last question: how long do i have before they notify me? and will the DMV be notified?

Generally within 30 days, if you are on probation your probation officer will notify you, if not you would get notice from DMV in writing within 30 days. Yes, DMV will be notified as well as your probation officer or the court if you are on probation.