How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the proper form to file against the District Attorney

This answer was rated:

What is the proper form to file against the District Attorney for not fully disclosing evidence during the discovery? DA will not be cooperative and give me all the information I am asking for during discovery. What can I do?

(State of Florida, County of Hillsborough)
I am a criminal defense attorney in Florida and I'd be happy to help. Please tell me more, what discovery is the prosecutor refusing to turn over? Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

All Audio and all video obtained in my case, he has only disclosed bits and pieces. The judge ordered him to send it via certified and he has only sent bits and pieces and will not take my calls to remedy the situation.

When was he " send it"? Also, how do you know that you have only received "bits and pieces"? Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Discovery evidence says that there are witness recorded statement and video of said crime that has not been disclosed to me but listed in the discovery. Judge ordered, two court dates ago, all video and audio be delievered to me via certified mail. This has not been done and calling him for a month with not one call back.

You might consider a motion for sanctions against the prosecutor. The motion would detail what you have described here, that being that discovery was listed, it was not initially provided, the judge ordered the prosecutor to turn it over and it has still not been provided. As to a sanction, you may request whatever you deem appropriate. This could include immediately turning over the evidence or even excluding the evidence.


As to a form, I am not aware of any form or template document for such a situation. However, the motion would be fairly simple and just state the items listed above.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions