How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12365
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I need to see the judge immediately for the motion I wish

This answer was rated:

If I need to see the judge immediately for the motion I wish to file, how should I present that or where? At court clerk? ????
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

You can attempt to "walk through" the motion. This means that after you take it to the clerk for time stamping, you take it to the judge's chambers yourself and ask that it be signed right there. Assuming it's not a contested issue and that it doesn't require any research or much thought on the part of the judge, then he may sign it immediately (or very quickly after you drop it off).

Does that answer your question? Let me know if you need clarification, and please remember to rate me positively so that I receive credit for my efforts.

Thank you and good luck!
TJ, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you