How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28043
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what form should I use to file a motion for permission to travel

Customer Question

what form should I use to file a motion for permission to travel ... I am on probation... in month # XXXXX of 12 mth sentence
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand your situation and concern. Often times, any travel outside the State of Michigan must be approved by the Judge. In addition, you must request the travel permission in
writing to your Probation Officer along with any requested documentation unless there is a documented emergency.

Your request must include the following:
1. Dates of travel
2. Reason for trip
3. Destination and itinerary
4. Means of transportation
5. Address and phone number where you will be staying
6. Name of person(s) you are staying with
7. Source of funds for trip

Your probation officer and the department, should have the travel request form for you to file out and file, to get their approval. In addition, here is a police directive from the department of corrections, which addresses this very issue. Here is the link for you to review.

You should first speak with and put in the request with your probation officer and see what they say. If they allow it, you may not have to go before the Judge. If you do not have a probation officer or they object to it, you would then have to go before the court and file the motion yourself. There is no specific form to use, so you would need to draft it yourself. In addition, if you are almost done, you can see if the Judge would also hear a request for an early termination of your probation ,if you have complied with all the terms and conditions of it.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.