Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

How is it when a person gets arrested after being set up by

How is it when a person gets arrested after being set up by the law and a C.I. and get put on home confinement for 13 months and hasn't heard a word except from her lawyer who keeps telling her that the D.A. will not talk to him, won't answer his letters and on top of that he was suppose to send a motion to the judge to try and get the charges dropped and can't even get an answer to that...A person would think that somebody is playing games and I can't find out nothing from nobody...is all this crap legal or what..
Hello Jacustomer,

You have put your finger on the whole problem of what is wrong with cooperation deals. In my experience the state is not about to commit to what it will do for you. What they do depend on how well you do what you are required to do for them. This is, unfortuately, pretty typical of how it goes.

Will you get your dismissal eventually? Perhaps. But they will hold your case open just like they are doing to secure your testimony and help in putting other folks away.

Meanwhile, some of what you are required to go through is for your physical security, lest other defendants see that you are actually a CI and take reprisals agaiinst you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but until the prosecutor's agenda is satisfied, your lawyer isn't going to be able to accomplish much to make this go away.