Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Is it "mortage fraud" to sell to a family member when your

Is it "mortage fraud" to sell to a family member when your house is in a "short sale" and the lender, even if not Fanny Freddy asks you to sign a Arm's length affidavit" and you lie on that affidavit?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Your Question - Is it "mortage fraud" to sell to a family member when your house is in a "short sale" and the lender, even if not Fanny Freddy asks you to sign a Arm's length affidavit" and you lie on that affidavit?

My Answer - Yes

Explanation - Mortgage fraud is a general term used to describe any attempt to defraud a bank or lender. In this situation the person could be charged with bank fraud, making false statements and mail fraud if the US Post Office was used at any point

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.

Thank you very much for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I was only asking because I was having a discussion with someone about this. They were trying to say that it would only be fraud if it were a Fanny Freddy loan and not with other banks. Then they were trying to say that because there was no law requiring banks to ask for a "arms length affidavit" it would not be illegal. So, thank you for helping me to prove my point. :)

You are very welcome Cyndy. Please let me know if I can assist you in the future