Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
My son is being sentenced on June 2 for 2 felony 3s criminal
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My son is being sentenced on June 2 for 2 felony 3s: criminal trespass & receiving stolen property. He was originally charged with 5 felony 1s but took a plea bargain. His atty. is satisfied with this… read more
How can you get a sentence reduced that someone received the
RBinJax
RBinJax, Juris Doctor
How can you get a sentence reduced that someone received the maximum sentence for a crime instead of a mean sentence.… read more
California criminal law... I was given a sentence to do a PC
Sam, Attorney
California criminal law... I was given a sentence to do a PC 1000 diversion program and I have a court appearance scheduled for tomorrow morning to show proof that I enrolled. My question is..... I ca… read more
My son xx xxxx was arrested June 12, 2009 for one count
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
My son xxx xxx was arrested June 12, 2009 for one count of receiving stolen goods he was sentenced to three years in jail. Never been in trouble before was railroaded even his lawyer was in on the arr… read more
RE: California Criminal Law Question - penal code 17b If
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
RE: California Criminal Law Question - penal code 17b If somebody w/ no record is offered plea deal to plead guilty to 646.9 w/ probation and agreed to reduce to misdemeanor after a period of successf… read more
My daughter was arrested for receiving stolen property in Sacramento,
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
My daughter was arrested for receiving stolen property in Sacramento, County California. This is her first offense. She is a single mother of two. Is she likely to face prison time?… read more
I received a suspended sentence 5 years ago for Criminal Trespass
Zoey_ JD
I received a suspended sentence 5 years ago for Criminal Trespass and Larceny w/stolen Property Value >100<250 in New Mexico. As it was explained to me this meant that when I completed my probat… read more
my son was arrested, he is on parole from one prison prior,
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
my son was arrested, he is on parole from one prison prior, for receiving stolen property. he is known to local law enforcement so that even though 3 people beat him with baseball bats, they only arre… read more
My friends was arrested for Pawning stolen jewelry. Receiving
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
My friends was arrested for Pawning stolen jewelry. Receiving stolen property. 4 counts and 3 counts of receving property under false pretenses. I think also 1 count >250. I wanted to find out what… read more
My friend was charged with evading and receiving stolen
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones, Juris Doctorate
My friend was charged with evading and receiving stolen property how much time is he looking at? … read more
Not a criminal law question. Arrested for trespassing which
Zoey_ JD
not a criminal law question. Arrested for trespassing which is a city ordinance violation. I would like to reduce to an infraction. … read more
California question ~ I am uneducatedly assuming this is
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
California question ~ I am uneducatedly assuming this is a criminal law case. Please re-direct to family law if it is not. Here is the TV Guide version: @ 20 years ago, my (then) husband and I divorce… read more
I was arrested for receiving stolen property in 1969, with
Ely, Counselor at Law
I was arrested for receiving stolen property in 1969, with a court finding of not guilty. Must I include the arrest on a CORI check?… read more
I was charged with a Class D felony for receiving stolen property
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
I was charged with a Class D felony for receiving stolen property in Indiana and it was reduced to a class a misdemeanor. Now 10yrs. later it still shows in background checks as a felony charge. I hav… read more
Under the Fair Sentencing Act did the law pass to reduce the
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Under the Fair Sentencing Act did the law pass to reduce the amount of time a person receives when being convicted of conspiracy for drugs?… read more
I was convicted of theft/receiving stolen property when I was
Zoey_ JD
I was convicted of theft/receiving stolen property when I was 18 years old in the state of Indiana. I was sentenced to a year and a half of probation. About 5 months later I violated my probation with… read more
Sentenced under Georgias First Offender Law in June 1997. I am about to apply for a
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Attorney at Law
Sentenced under Georgia's First Offender Law in June 1997. I am about to apply for an RN license in California. Will this offense show up on a criminal background check?… read more
i was charged with receiving stolen property graded a misdemenor
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
i was charged with receiving stolen property graded a misdemenor i have 1 prior charge a conspiracy to criminal tresspass felony 3 what am i looking at?… read more