Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Nephew served full 17 year sentence after being convicted of

Customer Question

Nephew served full 17 year sentence after being convicted of Force Oral Sodomy (for which he was not guilty). Release 11/31/13; told to report to parole. Parole says record states crime against a minor; which is incorrect; and, was supposed to have been corrected years ago. Parole required that he wear an ankle bracelet and cannot stay with any family; requiring that he stay in a $150 a night Marriott Hotel.

How can jacket be corrected, once and for all? How can he be forced to parole, when he served his entire sentence?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Effective October 1, 2011, when an inmate has completed his/her sentence, he/she is released to either state supervised parole or county-level supervision also known as post-release community supervision. The type of supervision is determined by the California Penal Code. The more serious and violent offenders and high-risk sex offenders are released to state parole and the non-serious, non-violent, and non-sex offenders are released to county-level supervision.

Samuel-II :

And so that is why he is on Parole.

Samuel-II :

As to getting the Jacket corrected, I suggest you will need to go to the court of conviction and get a copy of the charges for which he was convicted and in those charges, it should state the age of the victim

Samuel-II :

Once you get that information, I suggest you can show that to his Parole Officer and ask them to make the corrections on the jacket and other documents

Samuel-II :

If the PO does not, then I suggest you will want to go to your elected official to the CA legislature and tell them this needs to be corrected

Samuel-II :

But you will need the information from the court to show the age of the victim -

Samuel-II :

I am sorry that your nephew has endured this and had to serve time for something he did not do.

Samuel-II :

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hi

I just want to be sure you have seen my answers in the Chat