Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was arrested 2 time, released ROR; I am not a criminal,

I was arrested 2 time...
I was arrested 2 time, released ROR;
I am not a criminal, just two bad things happed and I was involved.

1 Larceny charge - case dismissed.
2 case closed.

I believe that case dismissed was not my record.

Is the case dismissed on my record.
Thank you and how can I find out for sure?
2/2/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

If you had a charge, and it was dismissed, the charge will appear with the word "Dismissed" next to it

Samuel-II :

So yes, it will be on your record

Samuel-II :

But if it was dismissed you are eligible to Petition the Court to have it expunged

Samuel-II :

And you can get those documents from the clerk of the court where this was filed.

Samuel-II :

Tell the clerk you want to file to have the dismissed matter removed from your record and need those documents

Customer:

And the case closed?

Samuel-II :

Yes, anytime there are charges they are going to appear on a record

Samuel-II :

And so the disposition of the matter will also be reflected

Samuel-II :

So it will say the charge and then Dismissed

Samuel-II :

and the other will say the charge and Closed

Samuel-II :

You can file to have them both removed if you were not convicted

Samuel-II :

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck

Customer:

Thank you, goodnight.

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law