Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

if they have you on video with somthing in your basket walking

out of walmart but did...
if they have you on video with somthing in your basket walking out of walmart but did not stop you nor any property found. basicly going off the video only cause of another incedint can charges of petit larceny be filed based only what is seen on the video
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

If you cannot show a receipt for the goods you would have to show how you put the item back on the shelf/rack, etc

Sam :

Yes, they can charge you with theft based on a video which is considered evidence based on survellianccce

Sam :

Keep in mind, that you do not have to talk to anyone without a local attorney present.

Customer:

i am on federal probation will this revoke my probation or is that up to my po....the state says it will be petit larceny 100 fine

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

I am sorry to hear this. It is possible your probation would be revoked. It is up to your PO, however. And will depend on how long you have been on probation without incident and how long you have left

Sam :

But you will have to report a new charge to your PO

Sam :

It is always best to give them the information. You dont want your PO to find it out on their own

Sam :

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law