Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I doubt you can help, but here goes. I plead no contest at

the advice of my court...
I doubt you can help, but here goes. I plead no contest at the advice of my court appointed Lawyer. Play ball and co-operate and the judge will go EZ on you. I got the maximum allowed by law. Felony discharge of a weapon within city limits. My Lawyer didn't even show up for my first appearance before the judge. I had the option to get another Lawyer but the judge said these guys go in a rotation basis and wouldn't be fair to the next one. I shouldn't have agreed to it. The judge scolded my lawyer for not showing up. (heard it through the jail grape vine.) But now he had a chip on his shoulder, He said plead no contest and you can get this expunged off my record. Well I had 2 misdemeanours prior to this. And I can't get this off my record now. Finding work in this area is tough enough, but if you're an employer and have a drawer full of applicants to choose from. Who are you gonna hire, the felon or the guy with a clean record. Like I said doubt you can help. My lawyer was heading for the door before the judge handed down my sentence. 1 year in max security. The judge didn't even say anything about him getting up and leaving. This is a long story And lots of details to it. And I hate talking about it, I should have fought this. But I didn't. And that makes me the stupid one in this whole mess. If I ever hear co-operate and it'll go EZ on you, they can shove it!
2/1/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

How long ago did all of this happen, please?

Customer:

8 years

Customer:

the most I can hope for is a loophole in the law. This PC is very slow and freezes up ordered a refurbished one yesterday from amazon. Sorry for any delays in responces to you

Samuel-II :

Thank y9ou

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Im going to switch to Q&A and we can work from there. Hold on a minute

Hi

Unfortunately, there are no loopholes to change your situation, sentencing etc

However, you could apply for a Governor's pardon/clemency

Use this link to read more and to get the application

Once you file for that an investigator will be assigned - you will note on the application that you are seeking the Pardon so you can find employement

What do you think my chances are????

Hi

If you can show that you have not been in criminal trouble since then and that you want to be a productive citizen, work and pay taxes and that the felony is hindering you in this regard, I think chances are always good.

It does not cost anything to apply . So what do you have to lose?

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Relist: Other.
I really need someone who knows chat room inside and out for this question to be answered. 3rd times a charm I hope. I am unable to enter a chat room. I even have the host trying to figure out this on. I keep getting: Regular connection did not go through....Trying an alternative
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law