How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27626
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 months ago I had a call from police regarding a road rage

This answer was rated:

2 months ago I had a call from police regarding a road rage incident. I had verbal confrontation but did not get out of car. He was in front of his home Now the police keeps calking for information and now wants him to come to
The station. Also the police started calling a month after the incident. What are my rights!
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your situation and concern. You have a right to remain silent and have no legal obligation to speak with the police, unless you want to. If you do so, know that the statements which you provide, will likely be used against you, if the matter will be turned over to the State for prosecution. If you do go and speak with the police, you have a right to have an attorney present, who can protect/act in your best interest. If you want to cooperate, you certainly can and if you were the victim here, may want to consider it. If you speak with the police, they will also likely try and speak with the other party and then decide who, if anyone, is at fault. They then could charge one of the parties. If you do not speak with them, they will use whatever information they have at this time and decide how to proceed. if neither you or the other driver cooperate, it is unlikely that they would take any action, at that point.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Bradley. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
I received notice that you replied but am not seeing anything on the page. Just wanted to make sure this was not an error.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your answer was just what I needed unless you feel you need more information. Thank you

Your welcome. Good luck with everything.

Related Criminal Law Questions