How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 29985
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 20 year old my frind was n me we both drunk he was drunk

This answer was rated:

I'm 20 year old my frind was n me we both drunk he was drunk when da cops came to stop my frind n me start runing but I was nervous datz why I run dey aressted me but I didn't evn do anything I was scared I start ringing from cops now I have to go to da court

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
What is your specific question about these facts? What were you charged with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dey put me under misdemeanor case I hav to go to da court on 10th January should I need lawyer or not I didn't evn do anything I just run datz why dey arrested plz give me advice what should I do I didn't evn tell my parents abut dat :(?
I'm sorry that this happened.
You're legally an adult, so whatever you do and do not choose to tell your parents is entirely up to you - you do not have any obligation to tell them anything.
Does the ticket say it was for public drunkenness, or for resisting arrest? Also, what state do you live in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I live in California but I'm so scared am I gonna go to jail for just runing I hav to da court and I don't need layer for dat rite cz I didn't evn do anything dis is my first time I get arrested I'm nt da like da kinda guy I was drunk I start runing cz I was nervous do you hav any idea what dey gnna do with do I hav to da pay fine or goin to jaili think itz say resisting arrested but I'm nt sure my frind crash his we both start runing I really didn't do anything n dey find from me anything my record is clear I nver done dis before what is gnna happen nw I'm really scared plz help me??
Resisting arrest is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, up to one year imprisonment, or both.  Cal. Pen. Code, Section 148.  Jail is extremely unlikely for a first offense, if this is the only charge.  When you go to the hearing, if there is the slightest change whatsoever that you'll be asked to do jail time, the judge will appoint a lawyer for you at no cost.  More likely, you would be asked to pay a fine.

If you are convicted of any sort of alcohol-related offense, such as a minor in possession of alcohol, your driver's license will be suspended, in addition to the fines.  This is true even if you were not driving.  

California law allows a person to have a conviction removed from his record once he has completed his sentence, at least one year has passed, and he has not been convicted of any other offenses. So, even if you are convicted, this is not the type of conviction that should cause a lot of problems, and you'll be able to have it removed.

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them.  It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide.  Otherwise, please rate my service at 3-5 faces/stars so that I get credit for helping you today.  Thank you.

Lucy, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions