Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I am a single mom and trying to get a job. I have a first

Customer Question

My name is***** am a single mom and trying to get a job. I have a first offense DWI and felony Possession by fraud. I have used article 894/895. I am not enrolled in school for paralegal studies at ITT Technical Institution. What can I do to clear my criminal record?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Have you completed you sentence on the DWI and felony possession? Was the felony under Art 893?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am done with all probation standards. This takes place in St. Tammany Parish in Covington, La.

Was the felony conviction under Article 893? You said the DWI was under Article 894/895.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already used the expungement already in a previous charge?

If you have already used the expungement, I am afraid the options for you are very limited under LA laws. To have a felony conviction expunged from your record in LA, you will have to file a petition for pardon with the governor's board of pardon and parole and they will have to decide to recommend pardon. Once the governor signs a pardon, then you can apply to get the felony expunged. I am sorry to tell you that this is your only opportunity and recourse to try to have your record cleaned up available under the LA law.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”