How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

8 years ago my fiance was unfairly convicted of a felony.

This answer was rated:

8 years ago my fiance was unfairly convicted of a felony. The DA was actually on her side and was stunned at the verdict handed down, and actually opposed it. SHe has had problems getting jobs since then. SHe would like to see about getting her record expunged if possible. I would like to know what chances she woud have, given that not only the DA but the parole officer were strongly moved by her plight, and would likely support her every move in the expungement process.In your experiences, is it liekyl, and how expensive would it be, if she completes the process pro se, with my help, writing any legal motions. thank you
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

What state are you in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thanks for the information.

Under Florida law, a person convicted of or who pleads guilty to a felony cannot have his/her record expunged of the offense. Here's a good link to the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement that outlines this and other facts regarding the Florida expungement process;

The only option for her would be to apply for a pardon with the Florida Parole Commission:
Roger and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions