How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

does the court have to keep records of past convictions???

This answer was rated:

does the court have to keep records of past convictions??? my court does not have a record of a per se owi from 1990

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Yes, all court records must be kept indefinitely, or at least until the person passes away. Thus, your complete court file should be on file with the court clerk's office.

If this offense occurred when you were a minor, it may be that the records have been sealed, and that could be the reason no file is being filed.

Barring that, the clerk should have the record.

Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions