How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

added location..

This answer was rated:

I would like to know if i have any criminal charges pending?

jennifer XXXXXXXX

orange / seminole counties


Thank you for the opportunity to assist you! If you find my response helpful, please rate it positively so that I can receive credit for my work.

Q) I would like to know if I have any criminal charges pending?

Not that I can find. There is one record for a "Jenny Mayfield", date of birth August 1977, from last year. It appears to be a traffic case from September 2011 for improper tags, failure to carry insurance, and failure to carry registration.

However, public databases only carry records that have been filed with the court. If you (or anyone) are wanted by the police but the charges have not officially been filed with the court, nothing would not show up on any public database.

The police are the only people who know whether a person has an arrest warrant which has not been served. They won't tell you over the phone if you have a warrant out against you, you have to go to the police station and ask them to run a warrant check on you. If there is a warrant you'd then be arrested. This is why the never tell people about warrants over the phone and don't put it in public databases; if that information were public, people could more easily evade capture.

I hope this helps you. If so, please rate my answer positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Good luck to you!

S. Huband, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello again,

It appears that you last viewed my most recent response on 12/2/12 at 10:44 P.M. If you are satisfied with my work, please take a brief moment to click "accept" and/or rate my answer(s) positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Doing so does NOT cost you anything beyond what you've already pledged to pay the website.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to be able to help you again in the future.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My apologies on the delayed response. Happy holidays

No worries. Thanks so much. Happy holidays to you!


I was notified that you rated the answer I gave positively, and I am very pleased and gratified that I was able to help you. I sincerely hope the matter(s) we discussed turn out well for you.

Please ask for me in the future if you have additional questions or concerns. Thank you very much for the opportunity to assist you.

Take care,