How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I press charges agaisnt someone who bought my under

This answer was rated:

How can I press charges agaisnt someone who bought my under age children alchol?

As you probably understand, you do not have the lawful authority to actually "press charges against someone", only law enforcement can do this. Though, I suspect this is what you meant. Regardless...


If you are interested in having this person prosecuted, you might consider calling your local police. They can come out to investigate the matter on your behalf. Hopefully, you have some evidence to substantiate your claim, this might include statements by your child, receipts or the like. If this was very recent, your child might even still be impaired by the alcoholic beverages.


In turn, the police might then go meet with this person. They could question him as to his actions and, if warranted, make an arrest.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you