AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

I was arrested for DWI and I also refused the chemical test.

I was arrested for DWI and I also refused the chemical test. My DWI was dropped and is gone from my record. What are some ways to fight the refusal?

AttyCBradford :

Do you mean with the DMV to not loose your license? If that's the case it will be your word versus the officers? Did you refuse? If so, how? What exactly did you say. Look for a loophole.

AttyCBradford :

Please provide additional information and I will be glad to assist you

AttyCBradford :

If the DMV does find that you refused the test you will loose your license and driving privileges for one year if this was your first DWI

AttyCBradford :

i have to step away but I will respond when I am back at my computer

Customer:

Yes with the Department of Rev. I did refuse but said nothing and signed nothing . I have an atty and we are going to say he didnt allow me to contact a lawyer at trial. If there inaccuracies in the timeline of the arrest and where he read me rights would that be worth looking into?

Customer:

I didnt sign the DWI citation, the citation for No head lights(bogus reason to pull me over), or form 4323-refusal to submit.

AttyCBradford :

That would be the best way to fight it is to say that he didn't give you a proper statement regarding the chemical test requirement that is if that is true. If he didn't allow you to contact a lawyer that would be another reason. If I have answered your questions please press accept so I can get credit for my work. Otherwise, if you have additional questions please ask and I will respond promptly