Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Are either of the following criminal charges in New York considered…

Customer Question
Are either of the following...
Are either of the following criminal charges in New York considered a violation of (RICO) Racketeer Infulenced and Corrupt Organization Act?

Charge: 001: PL 460.20 1A BF - ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION
002: GBL 352.-C 06 (6) EF - GENERAL BUSINESS LAW PROHIBITED ACTS

Disposition: 001: Guilty; 5 years Probation
002: Guilty; 5 years Probation
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/8/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 5 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hi Jacustomer,

Yes. The Enterprise Corruption statute of Article 460 of the New York Penal law incorporates the provisions of the Federal RICO Act, and is NYS's version of it.

You can read more about that here.
Zoey_ JD