Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What would usual punishment be for retail theft misdemeanor…

Customer Question
what would usual punishment be...
what would usual punishment be for retail theft misdemeanor -2nd offense
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/7/2012
Criminal Lawyer: joelaws8, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
joelaws8
joelaws8, Lawyer
Are you saying the first offense was 10 years ago?

yes I also have medical documentation showing I needed a blood transfusin but my pub defender never would meet with me to view it

this time no excues except I just found out my husbando 1 years was gay and the object of his afection was my son my daughter was shooting up drugs i thought she was sober the day i singed the lease with her she quit her job I am supporing 2 kid and grandaughter on 714 in disability and i snapped

I am very sorry that you are going through such a terrible time. Hopefully the judge will be lenient on you due to your circumstances.
Florida state laws punish a petit theft as a second degree misdemeanor with a sentence of imprisonment for up to sixty days and a fine in an amount up to $500.
However, because you have a prior conviction for petit theft, the state may prosecute a subsequent offense as a first degree misdemeanor, which may result in a sentence of up to one year and a fine up to $1,000.
I hope that answers your question If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Thank you,
Joe
joelaws8
joelaws8
joelaws8, Lawyer