Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: If one cops a plea for disordely condut,

will this stay on police...
DISORDERLY CONDUCT: If one cops a plea for disordely condut, will this stay on police recods as a criminal record and can social security payments (benefits after retirement age)
be suspended.
11/3/2012
Roger, Lawyer
Disorderly Conduct is NOT a crime. Instead, it is a Violation. It's the criminal court equivalent of a traffic ticket.

The offense will NOT give you a criminal record, but it will show up on a background search as a violation.

Possible sentences include:
A fine of up to $250 or
A jail sentence of up to 15 days or
A Conditional Discharge (go home, behave yourself and stay out of trouble for a year or the case can reopen with your next offense).

Also, this should have nothing to do with your social security benefits.
Roger, Lawyer
Roger, Lawyer