How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was Charged with Welfare Fraud 17 years ago. I paid back

This answer was rated:

I was Charged with Welfare Fraud 17 years ago. I paid back the money about 3 years ago. My probation was for 1 year. What are the chances of my record being expunged?
Thank you,
Ms. Redman [email protected]
Welcome and thank you for your question!

The form for filing a petition for expungement is found here:

You can go to the clerk of the court of the court that handled your case for the instruction sheet on how to complete the form and begin the expungement process.

From the facts you've described, the request should be granted.

I hope that you found this information to be helpful and, indeed, informative and worthy of a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you