How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands ex-wife made knowingly false allegations of sexual

Customer Question

My husband's ex-wife made knowingly false allegations of sexual abuse against my husband, me and my three children. After a full investigation and a evidentiary hearing on custody, the judge found she acted in bad faith and she lost both physical and legal custody.

This was less than a year ago. Now I have found out that she was hired as a substitute teacher in the school district my children attend school in. I have three children in three different schools and the chances of her working at one of these schools is probably.

I want to go to the school district, share this history and ask she not be placed at my children's schools. Is this against the law? Slander? Or malicious intent on my part?

I want to protect my children. I also don't want to act outside the law or get sued.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

While I understand your concern, I think that you are jumping the gun. Unless there is a restraining order on her as to contact with the children, then the school district would not have sufficient grounds to grant your request that she not be allowed to substitute at the entire school. Further, as a substitute, it is unlikely that she would be in the same class as one of your children so any contact would be limited anyway.

Sharing the contents of a court file is not slander since it is public information. You would probably be within the bounds of reason to send the school district a copy of the final order and request that she not be allowed to substitute in one of your children's classes. That is a reasonable request and puts the district on notice of the situation.

Related Criminal Law Questions