Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I GOT MY FILE FROM ATTORNEY. AND FOUND MOTION TO DISMISS WITH…

I GOT MY FILE FROM...
I GOT MY FILE FROM ATTORNEY. AND FOUND MOTION TO DISMISS WITH PREDJUICE,DATED AND FILE STAMPED BY CLERK AND DEPUTY SIGNED IT, 9-4-2009.. WHY IS THE CASE GOING FORWARD, WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP IT NOW I FOUND IT. AS IT WAS NOT IN COURT DOCUMENTS I PULED MONDAY..ALL OF FILE IN CASE.. AND IT WAS SENT TO MY PREVIOUS ATTORNEY AND PLAINTIFF ATTORNEY.. IF DISMISSED , WHY IS THIS STILL GOING ON ? WHAT CAN I DO ?
11/1/2012
If the motion was filed and stamped, you need to present that motion to the court showing it WAS indeed received by the clerk and thus is a pending motion that needs to be ruled upon. If there is an order in the attorney's file showing the court ruled dismissing it that is even better because legally the case cannot go on as it was dismissed and you need to file a motion for a ruling on the pending motions and you need to attach a copy of the stamped motion to dismiss. If there is an order in your attorney's file, you need to file another motion in court to enforce the prior order and attach the order of the court showing it has been dismissed with prejudice and stating the case has been res judicata (already decided).

This makes absolutely no sense, since if a court has ordered a case dismissed with prejudice this court has no right to continue on with the case by law. If this court issues ANY judgment in the case, you have immediate grounds to appeal as the court had no jurisdiction on the case.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

there is nothing pending now.. so do I send a certified copy to the judge.

You would file a motion to enforce order with the clerk with the copy of the order dismissing the case and that would go to the judge. In your motion to enforce order, you would state the court has already dismissed with prejudice and as such the court has no further jurisdiction.

Thank You.. I appreciate a honest answer.

Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer