How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For the State of Texas - When completeting an application -

This answer was rated:

For the State of Texas - When completeting an application - How do you answer the question regarding any criminal history for misdomeanor or felony offense when you are an adult, but any offenses were from when you were a juvenile 8 years ago under the age of 16?
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a reply. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear.

This depends - can you please tell me what the offenses were and which resulted in a conviction; and what is the application for exactly?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Fighting - last event under 15 years of age - no contest - community service


Truancy - 16 - no contest - community service


Currently 22 years old - Charity store worker

Thank you, friend.

Family Code Section 58.203 restricts access to certain juvenile records automatically. The only ones who could see your record would be a law enforcement agency or the government. No civil employer would be able to see said records.

Ergo, it is up to you on how you wish to answer. If you put YES, you can volunteer the information. If you put NO, then there is no way for the civil employer to check your juvenile record.

If you ever want to work for a government agency, you can seal your record under Family Code Section 58.003 by a quick petition with the Court.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.
Ely and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you