How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked for L3 Vertex in 2006 and 2007 on camp Arifjan Kuwait,

Customer Question

I worked for L3 Vertex in 2006 and 2007 on camp Arifjan Kuwait, when I terminated my contract in 2007 I turned in my civil ID from Kuwait to be closed and returned to the U.S. I recently was traveling through Kuwait to Afghanistan when I was detained at the airport by the Kuwaiti police and jailed for 3 weeks for leaving in 2007 without closing my civil ID and in addition was informed that someone had used my civil ID to purchase a phone plan in Kuwait in 2009. I was wondering how I go about filing a law suit against L3 for filing false charges conserning me leaving, using my civil I.D. to purchase a phone plan that I had to pay to be released, and emotional distress for being held in Kuwaiti jail for three weeks with no contact to anyone so L3 would not have to pay the penalties to Kuwait.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Kuwait, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.

Related Criminal Law Questions