Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have multiple years experience prosecuting and defending clients.
22589080

I found out that my brother molested my sister when she was

I found out that my brother molested my sister when she was small. It has just come out since the death of my brother. The brother that molested my sister is still alive. It also was discovered that he also molested his own daughter. All of this happened in early 1963. Can he be prosecuted for these acts and who can charge him with these child molestations. On the first one he was about 16 years old the other one he was over 18 years of age.

`

meigs004 :

Hello, how are you today?

meigs004 :

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

meigs004 :

So the brother who committed the molestation is still alive, and the brother who recently passed away revealed the acts?

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

yes about my niece being raped and molested by my older brother. The rape and molestation happened in Salinas Ca but the molestation of my sister happened in Houston Texas more than forty years ago. Because of what he did she began doing drugs to forget what he did to her Currently she is not doing drugs.

meigs004 :

If you believe that the brother committed those acts, the prosecuting authority for sexual abuse and molestation crimes, would be the District Attorney's office in the jurisdiction where you reside or where the acts occurred. Therefore, if you believe upon the proper information and belief, that the brother committed those acts, then the victims of those crimes need to come forward and speak to the magistrates office first about filing warrants, and then the DA's office about prosecuting.

Customer:

Does my sister who lives in Arkansas have to come back to California where he lives or can she do it where she now resides. Does his daughter need to come to California also she now lives in Mississippi.

meigs004 :

They would need to do it where he resides, as he California would not have sufficient contacts to have him come to court there. Therefore, Arkansas would be the best jurisdiction to seek criminal charges.

meigs004 :

Why did they not report the molestation?

meigs004 :

Are you still there?

meigs004 :

Is the chat malfunctioning? Please inform an administrator if it is, and they will get in touch with me and I can change it to a different type of communication.

Customer:

He lives in lives in California, Virginia who he first molested her in Texas now lives in Arkansas, and his daughter Elizabeth now lives in mississippi and I have email that he sent to her confessing to molesting her.

meigs004 :

It would be best to consult the magistrate and DA in the county where he resides, and report that information so they may charge him accordingly and prosecute him.

Customer:

Can I do the reporting since I live in California and they live in Arkansas and Mississippi. I have the emails that he sent to his daughter confessing to molesting her.

meigs004 :

It would be best if they could, as they are the victims, but you can definitely inquire to the magistrate and DA and if need be, put them in contact.

meigs004 :

Does this answer your question this evening?

Customer:

thank you very much.