Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

if my son was given a 36 months sentence in prison and had

to 85% do to california...
if my son was given a 36 months sentence in prison and had to 85% do to california law... is it common to send the inmate back to local jail? then charge him with additional time and let him serve time in the jail system do to overcrowing ? not in prison.... to me seems very expensive to transport and immate.....
10/1/2012
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
It isn't unusual now. As you may know the courts ruled last year that the CA prison system is unconstitutional because it is overcrowded. That means people are being sent to other places for relief, such as local jails.

On the good side, it also means that many people are being let out a little earlier. It is rumored that the 85% rule may be relaxed a little but I haven't actually seen it happen yet.

But to answer the question, it isn't unusual.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer