How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28019
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 33 year old son was arrested on a flash incarceration for

This answer was rated:

My 33 year old son was arrested on a flash incarceration for a probation violation after serving more than 10 months of his post release time. His probation officer did not specify what the violation was but it could have been a failed drug test. He is scheduled to be released in 10 days. Will this add time to his one year probation period? He is in San Diego, CA and his family is in Texas. We have been trying to get him back home where he has a job, place to live and family support.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

I am sorry to hear about his situation and certainly understand your concern. If he did fail to comply with a term and condition of his probation, he could be in violation. As such, it is possible that his probation could be revoked and he could be sent back to jail, to finish the sentence. This is not automatic but something which could happen. The State may also consider reinstating and extending the probation, allowing him to remain on it but for additional time. Unless he goes to a final VOP hearing and wins, some type of additional sentence will be added. Since he did not pick up a new charge and only had a technical violation, paired with it being his first time, the State should be lenient, if he was willing to take a plea. When he appears in court, he can inquire about a plea deal but would get credit for any time in which he has been held. If you did want him to move back to Texas, he would need to file a motion and get permission from the court, to have his probation transferred.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with
3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my
help. I hope you found it to be
Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100%
satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the
left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION "button. I want
to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and
that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you