How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Criminal Lawyer Your Own Question
Criminal Lawyer
Criminal Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 450
Experience:  New York Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Criminal Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back in 1974 I was convicted of manslaughter in Spokane , Wash.

This answer was rated:

Back in 1974 I was convicted of manslaughter in Spokane , Wash. and served about 10 months in jail. I now live in St Louis, MO. Can I vote and buy own firearms?

Good Day ,

I am a US Attorney and I'll be answering your question today.

Are you interested in applying for expungement or sealing of your records ?

Or are you interested in obtaining a Certificate of good conduct ?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm intreased in what would restore my rights, such as expungement. If thats possible? Something that would get the offence off my record. and allow me to vote and own gun.

You are not currently eligible for expungement or sealing. You may apply for a state pardon. Here is the link

You should also think about applying for a CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT

Felons cannot posess firearms for a minimum of five years after conviction in Missouri and are prohibited also under Federal Law.

your voting rates will be restored after completion or parol/probation

Just a reminder

This is a HONOR SYSTEM in which the customer rates an answer GOOD or EXCELLENT and leaves a BONUS/TIP in good faith for a service received.

Criminal Lawyer and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you