How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a warrent in Iowa for failure to appear to court on

This answer was rated:

I have a warrent in Iowa for failure to appear to court on a charge of lying to A cop about my name and signing a ticket in a fake name. I called the court in Iowa and they said i can post a $75 bond at my local police station here in Minnesota and theyll send me a new court date in the mail.... Does this sound legit or are they trying to trick me into getting arrested when I go to the police station here?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

Please clarify: do you live close to the border and did this incident in Iowa happen close to the border?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes... it happened about 2.5 hours drive from here
Thanks. Honestly, if Minnesota were to arrest you, that would require the police in Iowa to come down and pick you up and extradite you to Iowa. That is way too expensive for them to do. If you were a big time drug dealer or wanted for kidnapping or murder, they'd do it -- but they won't do that for a minor type offense like what you're charged with.

It should be just as safe for you to mail a certified check to the court as a bond and get a new court date.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Replyf tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you