Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
If the location of a crime is completely wrong on an indictment,
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
If the location of a crime is completely wrong on an indictment, would this be grounds for dismissal of the charges (if the record clearly reflected the error). And since jeopardy had been attached, c… read more
Is it a crime to take false and fabricated evidence to the
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Is it a crime to take false and fabricated evidence to the sheriff in Nebraska that results in an indictment and felony charge? So in short what law would be considered broken by the person knowingly … read more
if a person has been indicted on a felony crime and the d.a.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
if a person has been indicted on a felony crime and the d.a. elects to drop the charges and the victim requests them to be re-filed, is it legal or common if the statute of limitations on the crime ar… read more
Located in Ohio.Involves allegations of sex crime.13 yr old
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
Located in Ohio.Involves allegations of sex crime.13 yr old boy was at school friday,got call that he had showed friends nude pics of 12-13 yr old girlfriend.He said teacher left room,he got bored,fli… read more
Do I have a right to receive a copy of indictment against me and the discover evidence ?
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
I have been indicted for a class 2 felony but my lawyer has not given me a copy if the indictment or of the evidence disclosed in discovery. Do I not have a right to receive a copy of both?… read more
My fiance is incarcerated under a void indictment. We are demanding
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
My fiance is incarcerated under a void indictment. We are demanding his immediate release. He has submitted an appeal that has been denied. What next step should we take?… read more
the indictment fails to specify the crime of sale of heroin
Meigs
Meigs, Attorney
the indictment fails to specify the crime of sale of heroin under 1972 texas penal code art. 725b, sect. 2, therefore we need to have the actual text of that now outdated penal code in toto in order t… read more
Can a person in Illinois (Boone county), indicted on a felony
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Can a person in Illinois (Boone county), indicted on a felony gun charge, lawfully obtain a new weapon(s) after theirs were ceased during the crime they are indicted? Meaning we just learned that a pe… read more
once a felony state jail indictment is filed can they then
Sam, Attorney
once a felony state jail indictment is filed can they then add a paragraph (d.a) after stating it is on state jail level? they say it is sjf but i have 2 of the same type already on my sheet and have … read more
My felony conviction in 1978 was set aside, the indictment
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
my felony conviction in 1978 was set aside, the indictment dismissed and all my rights restored by the court in 1981. I have that court order. Does this allow me to buy a firearm now?… read more
Felony DUI charge was dismissed, is it a possible indictment
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones, Juris Doctorate
If a felony DUI charge was dismissed, is it a possible indictment? It happened in Arizona, and I was driving a motor home that lost it's brakes and hit the rear end of a pickup truck.… read more
In 1974 I plead guilty to a felony indictment of delivery of
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
In 1974 I plead guilty to a felony indictment of delivery of a controlled substance, marijuana. I have not been charged or convicted of any other felonies. Is it possible to get my gun rights restored… read more
I recently was indicted by a grand jury for a class a felony,
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
I recently was indicted by a grand jury for a class a felony, one of the charges is they are saying that they paid for woodstoves and I never purchased them. Which i have records saying that I did pay… read more
I was indicted on a 2nd degree felony, assault with a deadly
J.A Evans
J.A Evans, Juris Doctorate
I was indicted on a 2nd degree felony, assault with a deadly weapon. A firearm to be exact, I have never been in trouble with the law other than traffic tickets. I was with my cousin and he is the one… read more
If someone has been indicted on one count of burglary (a
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
if someone has been indicted on one count of burglary (a felony of the third degree) and one count of theft (a felony of the fifth degree) at the age of 19, and has a past juvenile record of theft, an… read more
I an indictment tracking penal code 12:35 (c)(1) fails to
Nate, Lawyer
I an indictment tracking penal code 12:35 (c)(1) fails to allege during the commision of the offense is the indictment void?… read more
I was convicted of a felony, white collar crime but a crime
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
I was convicted of a felony, white collar crime but a crime all the same in the state of Kansas. It was a federal crime and I was sentenced to 5 years probation which I served only about 8 months then… read more
My son has been accused of a crime,he was arrested and
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
My son has been accused of a crime,he was arrested and is in jail, he has never been indicted, is this normal? The person who made the complaint can''t be found and has never been questioned. How lega… read more