How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31785
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last Wednesday, my case was been dismissed with prejudice.

Resolved Question:

Last Wednesday, my case was been dismissed with prejudice.

How soon can I expect my record to be expunged?

Would I have to ask the judge for an order to expunge media records?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney.

You have to request an expungement from the trial court, and the court can enter it within 30 days from the date of your acquittal. Thus, if you haven't already, you or your attorney needs to file a motion to expunge the arrest and charges.

Here's a good link that you should read: It outlines the expungement process and also the law that pertains to getting this done.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean by "the court can enter it?"
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
This means that the court can have an order of expungement signed by the judge and filed in the court file.

Also, only the court record can be expunged and this arrest and charge would not appear on your criminal record.
Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you