Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In New York City what does "AC 000.00 UZ" in the charge line

Customer Question
mean?...
In New York City what does "AC 000.00 UZ" in the charge line mean?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/21/2012
Criminal Lawyer: LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer replied 5 years ago
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Thank you so much for this opportunity to try and be of service to you today.

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

QUESTION: "In New York City what does "AC 000.00 UZ" in the charge line mean?"

ANSWER: Here is how this works. Actually, it is simply known as a "place holder", meaning the format you have described refers to a penal code section and an indictment, but there is no further identifiable information to give it any particular meaning. Here is an example, just for illustration purposes: Inmate Details. In other words, although this is frequently seen, for practical purposes it is utterly meaningless.

I would be glad to continue our dialog as needed, so please remember to go ahead and rate my answer now by selecting from the available choices. Doing so will not close your question. I will gladly continue interacting with you after wards for absolutely no additional charge whatsoever to you.

I truly hope all works out for you.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer