Criminal Law

Another question. If I don't commit any crimes or offenses…

Customer Question
Hey another question. If I...
Hey another question. If I don't commit any crimes or offenses in the six months of my deferred judgement(finished this november), is there still a mandatory court appearance? Or is that considered resolved?... Read full answer
Hey another question. If I don't commit any crimes or offenses in the six months of my deferred judgement(finished this november), is there still a mandatory court appearance? Or is that considered resolved?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/16/2012
Criminal Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Thank you for your question. In Colorado county and district court, the matter will be normally dismissed automatically with no court appearance and no further action on your part, so long as you have complied with all terms of the deferred sentence. Colorado Springs Municipal Courts require an appearance though. Now, if you have been told that you will have to appear, then obviously you must make sure to do so.
If you have further questions, please let me know.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
How is it possible for the city to offer a plea that offers
How is it possible for the city to offer a plea that offers deferred judgement for one case, and drops all charges for a second case? I was told because it's a "first offense", deferred judgement is b… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
I was placed on deferred adjudication for possession of
I was placed on deferred adjudication for possession of marijuana Class A misdemeanor in 2011 and Deferred adjudication for Resisting arrest Class A Misdemeanor when I was a college student in East Te… read more
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
I am currently in the last year of my nurse practitioner
I am currently in the last year of my nurse practitioner program. I live in Texas. Unfortunately I received a DWI in November. It will be a year ago this November but I am still in the process of gett… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Stop searching for answers—
How can I get an expungement for a felony that happened in
How can I get an expungement for a felony that happened in 1990. … read more
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Attorney,
In November of 2017 I successfully completed the Leon County
In November of 2017 I successfully completed the Leon County Diversion program for an underage drinking charge I received in October. I had to pay a fee and complete a 10 hour workday, both of which I… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
I was charged theft U/100 2 days ago. i was given a
Hi I was charged theft U/100 2 days ago. i was given a citation. I have stolen the item worth $7.… read more
James Daloisio
James Daloisio
Attorney,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
What are the penalty and sentence for first offence for the
what are the penalty and sentence for first offence for the violation of N.J.S.2C:20-11b(2) A crime for fourth Degree for shoplifting in NJ?… read more
Hey I got caught crossing the train tracks so I got charged
Hey I got caught crossing the train tracks so I got charged with 2C-18-3b. I don't have a record and never been arrested... what do you think i should do? … read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
I was charged with selling alcohol to a minor in Ohio. How
I was charged with selling alcohol to a minor in Ohio. How do I go about defending this. It is the first offense ever. I cannot afford an attorney. My court appearance is Tuesday.… read more
Litigation Attorney,
my son is 17 .arrested for armed robbery attempting to buy
my son is 17 .arrested for armed robbery attempting to buy weed in ct. First offense but concerned as to precedetn of whether he will do jail time?… read more
I am trying to determine whether a crime (specifically, simple
I am trying to determine whether a crime (specifically, simple assault and administering a stupefying drug) committed in Canada would be considered a felony or misdemeanor in either of these two state… read more
Lawyer,
I heard if a person is in a Deferred Prosecution program in
I heard if a person is in a Deferred Prosecution program in Washington State, that it counts as a prior offense, for certain related subsequent offenses or charges. Which ones are those, and what are … read more
Legalease
Legalease
Attorney At Law,
Doctor of Law w/ highest honors
Stop searching for answers—
What is the jail time if any for someone charge with domestic
What is the jail time if any for someone charge with domestic assault causing bodily injury, 2nd offense. This person also has priors for public intoxication, resisiting arrest, interference with a po… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
In NYC, I was arrested for prostitution on July 2010; The Court
In NYC, I was arrested for prostitution on July 2010; The Court however dropped my charges to disorderly conduct on November 2010, which is a violation and not a misdemeanor. Also my record will be se… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
On June 1oth, 2010, I was stopped at Fred Meyer for not paying
On June 1oth, 2010, I was stopped at Fred Meyer for not paying for squirrel food in my shopping cart.I had already paid for the rest of my order, 250 dollars, but had forgotten the squirrel food and w… read more
Lawyer,
Is it mandatory in iowa that if youre convicted under domestic
Is it mandatory in iowa that if you're convicted under domestic abuse assault, first violation with no prior criminal record that you must serve 2 days in jail? Or can the whole case be deffered?… read more
Counselor at Law,
In Colorado if a person pleads guilty to a felony charge but
In Colorado if a person pleads guilty to a felony charge but enters into a deferred judgment and completes all requirements to the satisfaction of the DA are they considered a felon? More specifically… read more
xavierjd
xavierjd
April 2000 convicted of risk of injury -Class C felony in
April 2000 convicted of risk of injury -Class C felony in the state of Ct. Sentenced to 5 years probation which ended in 2005. Also was sentenced to register on the sex offender list for 10 years. Ser… read more
Attorney,