Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I am buying a compound bow I have a felony i can not have a

I am buying a compound bow I have a felony i can not have a gun but how about a bow?
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.

You can own a bow as long as you use it for a lawful purpose, unless you are on probation and parole and the terms of your probation/parole prohibit it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He did not answer my question in detail like it is not like a gun or like is it for hunting How long ago was the felon?

Thank you for your follow up.

I have provided you with a correct answer and another senior experienced legal experts has agreed with the fact that my answer is correct.

A bow is not considered to be a firearms, since it does not use any type of bullets or gun powder to shoot a projectile, so it would not matter when the felony conviction took place and as long as the convicted felon has completed his/her sentence, the felon would be permitted to own a bow and to use it for any lawful purpose, such as hunting or target shooting.