How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you help someone convicted in a small South Alabama

Customer Question

How do you help someone convicted in a small South Alabama town accused of raping a caucasian/japanese lady that was an aquaintance. Had a court appointed attorney at motions were offered nor was she investigated. Filed an appeal with another AL attorney and they said they could not do anything that was not in original trial. Our problem is there was no doctor's exam or bruises as she said she was held down..forensics was taken back and forth between police and forensics.. this lady had a rap sheet of numerous offenses and it was never brought up at trial. It was never investiggated properly or it would be clear. This took place in Jan 05 and he was sentenced on May 08 and is still incarcerated. This man is locked up for no reason. How or where can we go from here to get justice. I have heard of interns and similars who like to take cases like this for studies. Can someone help please?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 5 years ago.

dkennedy :


I would like to help with this, but I need some further information. How long ago was he convicted? What has been done so far? An appeal?

A postconviction relief? A habeas action? It is very important to know these things so that I can give you an accurate and complete answer.

JACUSTOMER-ddfbj547- :

Sentenced may 14, 2008. File an appeal in September ,he filed Habeas in 2010, they said time limit was expired...he also field a rule 32..both of these were done by himself in prison.