Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

If I forge my sons birth certificate to make my son a few

If I forge my son's birth certificate to make my son a few months older (so he qualifies for a public school Kindergarten) and get caught somehow, other than being barred from the district, can I be arrested and/or prosecuted for it?
.
Yes, forgery of an official document is prosecutable as a felony in CA. Should this be discovered, it could potentially result in jail time. It isn't really likely, but it is possible.
.
CAL. PEN. CODE § 471 : California Code - Section 471
Every person who, with intent to defraud another, makes, forges, or alters any entry in any book of records, or any instrument purporting to be any record or return specified in Section 470, is guilty of forgery.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.