How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was arrested in may for uttering a forged check I explain

This answer was rated:

i was arrested in may for uttering a forged check I explain to the police that my friend gave me the check it was made out to me they didnt cash it i feel as if i was the victim here but i still got arrested they havent done anyhting on my case they keep saying its in compliant state that i havent been charged yet
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of the circumstances you've described. Please clarify: what is your actual question that you'd like assistance with? What information are you seeking from JustAnswer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what can happen to me it has been since may and they keep saying its complaint stage i didnt know the check was stolen and it was made out to me so why am being held liable for this

What happened after you were arrested?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was put in jail for sixteen days and then i made bail i keep calling the courts to see what is going on with it and all they say is that i am in complaint stage

Did you hire an attorney to represent you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

not yet they said they have to see if they can charge me with this

Since this happened in May and we're now in September and you haven't been charged with a crime, you may want to consider simply hiring a local attorney to petition the court for the return of your bond.

If you have not been charged, there is nothing else for you to be concerned with. This seems to be more of a reflection of the slow wheels of justice.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Reply tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you