Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My wife and i move from midland tx to cheyenne wy at the end

Customer Question
of school in june. Been...
My wife and i move from midland tx to cheyenne wy at the end of school in june. Been living there now four months. Our daughter is going to school in cheyenne now and she receive a summons from midland tx for school attendance. Receive the summons on aug 30. She already moved everything from texas schools to cheyenne schools. What do need to do with this summons ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
How did you receive the summons? Which court is it from?

Buy mail. Justice of the peace, precinct 2 court date is sept 13th 2012.

Premier High sent a complaint and affidavit of probable cause to justice

court and was filed on april 24 2012. We didn't receive anything until now. august 30th 2012. Before school was out we already planned to move. The house is and up fore sale sense june with Deene Kelley Reality.

If it was filed back in April before you moved then you are going to either have to return to contest it or hire a lawyer. If they had filed it after you moved then you could claim a lack of jurisdiction but since it was filed while you still lived there you will have to respond.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Summons say both child and parent must be there. My daughter is 800 miles away and i can be at hearing but she can't. can i go ahead and pay a fine of 500 dollars or i need to talk to the judge

You need to talk to the judge but you may want to consider hiring a lawyer to challenge it and handle it for you. In facts like these the lawyer could probably give you a pretty reasonable price and may just be able to make a telephone call and get it handled.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer