Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a friend in prison over a year now and has been given

a parole date . now...
I have a friend in prison over a year now and has been given a parole date . now the victem( a man he worked for and spent his money Gamblng) wants to stop his parole.
Can He do This at a parole Hearing that his Lawyers have requested ?
This is imbezelment? not a violent crime.
9/2/2012
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

The victim is allowed to testify at a parole hearing. And the parole board is required to consider the testimony. They are not required to honor his request...that is, if he says "I was harmed by this person and I want him to continue to suffer" the parole board must consider that, but can still grant parole if the circumstance warrant.

Basically, the victim gets to give their input into the process, but the parole board has the final say.

The fact it was theft and not a violent crime will not change the law...if the victim was harmed they have a right to complain to the parole board.
P. Simmons, Lawyer
P. Simmons, Lawyer