How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34256
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend in prison over a year now and has been given

This answer was rated:

I have a friend in prison over a year now and has been given a parole date . now the victem( a man he worked for and spent his money Gamblng) wants to stop his parole.
Can He do This at a parole Hearing that his Lawyers have requested ?
This is imbezelment? not a violent crime.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

The victim is allowed to testify at a parole hearing. And the parole board is required to consider the testimony. They are not required to honor his request...that is, if he says "I was harmed by this person and I want him to continue to suffer" the parole board must consider that, but can still grant parole if the circumstance warrant.

Basically, the victim gets to give their input into the process, but the parole board has the final say.

The fact it was theft and not a violent crime will not change the law...if the victim was harmed they have a right to complain to the parole board.
P. Simmons and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions