How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33405
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2002 I married a man who adopted my 2 yr old daughter. We

This answer was rated:

In 2002 I married a man who adopted my 2 yr old daughter. We had a son together in 2003. I left with the kids over 4 yrs ago due to his escalating anger and violence towards the kids. We have filed no paperwork. He sees our son regularly but not my daughter. This morning my daughter (now 11) told me that when I was an over the road truck driver for 1 year (gone 3 or 4 nights per week) he would make her sleep in bed with him and touched her inappropriately. What is my first step in protecting my 9 yr old son who may or may not be in danger but who idolizes his father and is bound to be destroyed by this?
Your first step is to contact an attorney to represent you and have them handle contacting law enforcement and asking for an injunction from the judge preventing access to your son until such time as he can be questioned by an expert.

Most people would think they would go to law enforcement first but most people who have worked with CPS in the past have a deep seated distrust of relying on them without a lawyer looking over their shoulder.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions