Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I was charged in New Mexico for a felony in 1991 when I was

I was charged in New Mexico for a felony in 1991 when I was 18; I had an attorney and did a pre-trial diversion. The case is now closed.
I recently had a background check, and this came up.
I need to prove to my school that I was not convicted. How do I do this, or was I convicted and I just don't know it?
When I pull up the record, there is no plea or no Conviction, just a charge and case closed.
The charge was fraud signing of credit cards

Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Michael J, Esq. :

You're in luck - you weren't convicted. The bad news is: a pretrial diversion does not get rid of the "arrest" record. However, since you weren't convicted, that record can and should be easily expunged. I would speak to a local criminal defense attorney who should be able to take care of it for you!

Michael J, Esq. :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael