Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

how can I check to see if my name is XXXXX XXXXX central index list

how can I check to see if my name is XXXXX XXXXX central index list of child abusers? can I ammend this? can I also have a misdameanor expunged?

Thelawman2 :

A person can check this website:http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/ to see if they are a registered sex offender

Customer:

not a sex offender, but an offender because of child neglect/ cps.

Thelawman2 :

If you wish to inquire as to the status of your name in the Child Abuse Central Index (CACI), you may do so by either of the following methods:

1. Complete the California Department of Justice Child Abuse Central Index Self Inquiry Request form, pdf, including notarization, and mail it to the Department of Justice.

2. OR

3. Send a brief notarized letter asking if your name is XXXXX XXXXX Child Abuse Central Index (CACI). The letter must include:

• All the names you have used
      Date of birth
      Identifying Numbers
      Current Address
      Previous California Residences

Mail the notarized & signed requests to:

Department of Justice
Bureau of Criminal Information & Analysis
Child Abuse Central Index
Attention: Record Review Unit
P.O. Box 903387
Sacramento, CANNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Thelawman2 :

Additionally, the entire procedure for challenging a listing on the CACI can be found here: http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/cdssweb/entres/forms/English/SOC833.pdf

Thelawman2 :

I would suggest hiring a local lawyer to help with this process

Thelawman2 :

As for expungement of a misdemeanor,

As a basic rule, you're entitled to expunge your criminal records in California if you were convicted of a misdemeanor or felony offense, and you

1. successfully completed probation, and

2. are not currently charged with a criminal offense, on probation for a criminal offense or serving a sentence for a criminal offense.4

You must have successfully completed your probation in its entirety. If you got sent to California state prison--either at the time of judgment, or because of a probation violation--you do not qualify for an expungement.

"Successfully completing your probation" means that you

1. completed all the terms of your probation (that is, paid all fines and restitution, completed any counseling programs, community service, etc.),

2. attended all required court appearances (either personally or through your attorney), and

3. did not commit any new crimes while on probation.