How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27056
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am thinking about moving from SD to MO-- taking over

This answer was rated:

I am thinking about moving from SD to MO-- taking over somebody's lease from Sept until April in a town of 86,000 people. I feel very nervous about this move as it is a big upheaval. Anyway, it sounds like you have to get MO driver's license plates within 30 days of taking residency. Was wondering if I could get by keeping my SD plates which I can renew before leaving and they would be good for one year (9/30/12 thru 9/30/13). That way if we decide to move back to SD in April we would have our SD plates still on.
Hi Jacustomer,

If you take residency in another state, it's expected that you transfer your registration and plates as well as your license. I know it's inconvenient, but I also know of people who were caught and who faced substantial fines for not doing it. It's not something I'd recommend.
Zoey_ JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions