How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33746
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a court order to open closed written Mininutes from

Customer Question

Can I get a court order to open closed written Mininutes from Citizen's Police Academy Alimni?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Why do you believe you were thrown out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Going by by-laws---missed 2 months ofmeetings in row, However checking back through minutes for other people through or actually from now back through every month back to 2007, no one has ever got thrown out. So, there must be something else, but for the life of me , I do not know . So, I need to know "why" for sure so I can do something about this. The President wno was my Vice President in 2011 had a personallity problem and never got along. I would ask her to do something and she seemed to never get it done. She and the board had a closed secret session discussing me and then I recieved an e-mail requesting me to leave the board. Of course I replied"no" and asked "why" lall i got was read the by-laws. i probably would have left the board if i had known what i did wrong/ but she and board have a gag order set up. all i want to know is how cani get an answer/ by court order? And 2nd question, How do i go about attanmning a court order if this is the wayu of going about this? I am in Wichita, KS.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Do you know if it is a government organization or does it get any public funds?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not a goverment organization. Only funds is membership dues. These dues are paid in January of every year. I paid mine, but with the letter basically throwing me out, they returned in check form my $18.00 dues to me and told me to return my name badge. And, return my uniform shirts on which I paid for with my own money of $20.00 for one of them and $12.00 for the other one. The reason for difference in price is the first one was a 5x. But, I lost 120 lbs. on my own in one year. Therefore,I had to buy another shirt. By the way, when the 5x shirt came in, our President held it up in gfront of everyone and said somestuped words about who would wear such a large garmentand made a mockery out of it. There are no other funds except our dues every year as I said before.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
You could sue them for throwing you out of the organization if you believe it was a breach of their "contract" or their bylaws and in that lawsuit you could get a copy of the minutes. If they got government funds you could send a Freedom of Information request but since they don't then the only way to handle it is to sue them and ask for the minutes in discovery.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.