Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

sixteen year old going on the run

Customer Question
Outcome of a sixteen year...

Outcome of a sixteen year old 'going on the run' and coming back when he's eighteen to avoid juvenile hall?

My brother is sixteen and has gotten in some trouble. Naturally, as his sister - I have to say that he's a good person, he's just made some stupid decisions. Basically, he's gotten two speeding tickets, one wreckless driving ticket (cops confirmed on tv they were doing a sting on young drivers to see if they 'messed' with other drivers, what illegal things they could get someone to do, and I dont know quite what happened but they got him for wreckless driving) and ALSO I am disturbed adn ashamed to say that he got a dui because he had marijuana in his system. To make matters worse, he got caught stealing something from Target and I think he will be facing a judge for all of these activities and he is worried about his outcome.

Now, like any other good citizen, I KNOW he needs to punished and put into juvenile hall so he can clean up his act. People who break the law need to be punished. I am a firm believe so we can all be taught lessons. He is willing to do the time for the things he's done, but he's simply WONDERING....and this is where my question comes in....

If a minor gets in trouble.... (for instance my brother) ....and he misses his court date and 'goes on the run' out of state and doesnt get into any trouble and simply comes back when he's eighteen, what would happen?

At least when he faces the system as an adult, and if there was jail time...I mean...during all of the sentencing, at least he could be bailed out. Because we all know how long it take to get a case closed, especially when you're trying to fight it.

So in assistance to my brother can you tell me Pro's and Con's of acting now, vs eighteen and facing everything? Thanks. Please take this all with a grain of salt. Thx

OH yeah and also he's gotten three tickets for driving without a license. He'll be turning seventeen in about a month.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/2/2012
Criminal Lawyer: dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 5 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer

dkennedy :

dkennedy :

I would like to chat with you about this. I see that you are not online right now, but I will check back a bit later.

dkennedy
dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer