How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if a person is going to bring a lawsuit against a police department

This answer was rated:

if a person is going to bring a lawsuit against a police department for harrassment and false arrest is that done in civil court. really the harassment is just from one officer do you still sue the police department or the officer. I'm in the process of fighting a dui right now and thats where the false arrest is going to come from.

AttyCBradford :

Hello! You can bring a suit against a police officer and/or the police department this is generally done in civil court, it is known as a civil rights violation or a harassment suit which would be a civil lawsuit.

AttyCBradford :

If you are currently fighting a criminal case involving the police officer you might want to wait to see if you are victorious at the criminal hearing because it might help you win your civil case

AttyCBradford :

PLEASE NOTE: This is a PAID ANSWERING SERVICE. If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and rate my answer with a positive rating or I will not receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions please ask before leaving negative ratings Thank you

AttyCBradford and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you