How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27567
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I dont want to leave my real name because it will be seen

This answer was rated:

I don't want to leave my real name because it will be seen by others. Question about my daughter on drugs and stealing.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

No, problem. You do not have to leave your real name. I would be happy to answer your question. What is it that you want to know?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My daughter is addicted to drugs. She gets clean and then goes right back on them. She steels from people to support her habit. She has taken money from my son's account while she was working at the bank where he had an account. She wrote fradulant checks against her friend. Her friend pressed charges. She now has a waraent out for her arrest. I kicked her out of my house for steeling. My Mom and I got very ill and couldn't take care of ourselves. She came to take care of us telling us we could trust her. She took care of us and stole my Mom's retirement at the same time. Now my Mom has no money left and cannot work. I don't work because my Mom needs me to take care of her.

I am sorry to hear about what happened. In a situation like this, if you want to try and recover the money which was taken, a police report would need to be made and criminal charges would need to be filed against her. If she were to be found guilty or take a plea deal, the State would obtain restitution for you, so you would be repaid for the money she took. If there is a warrant for her arrest and you know where she is, you can contact the police and have her served with the warrant and taken into custody. Moreover, you can contact the bank and advise them of what she did while working there, if she did not have authorization to take money from his account. If you want to recover the money she stole from you and others, the State can help you, as the victim, since the crime itself is against the State and they will represent your interest. Based upon her actions, she could face jail or prison time along with a probationary sentence.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with
3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my
help. I hope you found it to be
Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100%
satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the
left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION "button. I want
to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and
that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have just one more question. When my Mom were ill. We couldn't leave the house. My daughter told us we could trust her. She took our bank cards to get groceries etc. This is when she stole the money. I have no proof other than bank statements and account activity.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
,If my daughter can't pay the money back will everyone still get their money back?If I file a complaint with the police?
Sorry for the delay. The proof that you have is your testimony and that of your mother, that you did not give her permission to use the card for anything other then groceries. The only way for the victims to get their money back ,is by your daughter paying it. It would likely be a condition to her probation/sentence, if convicted, that she repay it by getting a job and working it off over the years.